Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Home again

So I’m flying back to Boston last night and I started to get nervous… I’m not quite sure when it started,… it might have been when the co-pilot decided to start selling off baggage that wouldn’t fit in the overhead compartments or when he started directing passengers to the smoking section…… on the wings.

Maybe it was during the pre-flight when he made a noose out of the seatbelt and proceeded to strangle himself….

I’m not quite a hundred percent on this, but when the flight attendants were pointing out where the emergency exits were, I swear he was dancing YMCA behind them.

What I am certain of was the dizzying array of insults he hurled at the crew and passengers alike. Anyone who failed to move fast enough was a target…. “You!!! (describing the victim for that extra humiliation…) red hat with the brown duffel bag… why are you moving slower than a snail in a glue factory?” “There are ninety people waiting for YOU!!!!”

At this point, I started to like the old coot, so long as nobody let him fly…

I started to take a nap a few minutes into the flight only to be smacked on the head with a rolled up magazine by my favorite co-pilot. “If I can’t sleep, nobody does!!!” Can’t argue with that logic…

A few minutes later he was back in the cockpit daring the pilot to do a loop over an open mic.

Anyway, I had a great time in the Carolinas. It’s always good to see some of the Watson clan. Thanks for the hospitality and the driving guys.

As for N. Carolina, Thanks Jasyn for a wonderful time. You are as beautiful as ever and have an amazing family. I miss you all dearly.

-Sully



No comments: