Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ramblings

Ramblings

Lots of stuff in the news the past few days and it all seems insane to me. I’m not an expert on politics, but I know what scares the crap outa me…. Besides, what kind of blog would this be if I didn’t ramble on about things I don’t know much about… but I do want to know.

President Obama uses the closings of GM dealerships as political payback…? I sincerely hope that this is only rumor, but from what little credible information is available, it’s looking like the administration is using “Who donated to Obama” as the standard for which GM dealerships are saved.

This is frightening to me… Where is the media on this? I kinda want to know how the closings were considered. What was the formula to explain what dealerships were closed. So far, the closings appear to be politically motivated. This may not be the case, but the limited information released thus far seems to imply just that.

I can speculate, but the media needs to investigate because if there’s nothing to this, I want to know. If this is just the tip of the ice-burg, this is a massive abuse of power by the administration.

What message would it send? Support me or I’ll take your business away?

Bear in mind that GM was a privately owned company and the government just took it…. “because it was too big to fail.” Screw that!!! Let it fail!!! They were too stupid and corrupt from top to bottom to continue to exist IMHO. Keeping this poor excuse for a company on life support at taxpayer expense is an insane policy and doomed to failure.

If, and I still say “if” the political payback story has truth, he’s getting rid of people who know how run that aspect of the company for petty reasons and it will backfire on him. It’s not too hard to change the sign on your lot from GM to Ford or Toyota. These guys are not going to just disappear… They will just move on over that speed bump, sell a different product and hammer the last nails into GM’s coffin.

You don’t get rid of your best people because they disagree with you on politics.

P.S. If the government can take control over GM, why not any privately owned major newspaper or network? The New York Times and The Boston Globe are on the ropes. What’s the harm?

No comments: