Friday, March 13, 2009

Aliens Cause Global Warming (No, seriously...)


Michael Crichton makes the argument for aliens causing global warming.... I'm not joking!!!


This is a taste...

"My topic today sounds humorous but unfortunately I am serious. I am going to argue that extraterrestrials lie behind global warming. Or to speak more precisely, I will argue that a belief in extraterrestrials has paved the way, in a progression of steps, to a belief in global warming. Charting this progression of belief will be my task today.

Let me say at once that I have no desire to discourage anyone from believing in either extraterrestrials or global warming. That would be quite impossible to do. Rather, I want to discuss the history of several widely-publicized beliefs and to point to what I consider an emerging crisis in the whole enterprise of science-namely the increasingly uneasy relationship between hard science and public policy."

For the rest, just click on the title... It's a fascinating read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sully, I have a new AGW post--surprise right--that I need a little help with. Take a look and you'll see what I mean. McGoo lifted the whole thing and put it on his site.